Sunday, July 22, 2012

One more week to go...


DEAR FAMILY,

This week was yet another
awesome week and I have grown so much.  First to apologize for my past
few emails.  I dont have that much time and the computers here aren't
so great.  I looked back and I spell a few words wrong here and there,
even the Spanish ones that i study everyday.  
Real quick fact.  Never say El Salvadorian
again, just like AJ would correct you with Hatian, it is El
Salvadoreño.    Now to answer those questions¨.

    How was your week? Is time going fast for you. I cant believe you
have only a week left. Are you nervous.    

Time flies by here rather
than the Provo MTC.  Tell Blake Draper that it is a blessing to come
here and he will soon understand.  I can't believe it has gone by this
fast but then when i look and see how much i have grown i feel like i
have been here forever.  I am a little nervous but that is normal.

Where is the el salvador missionary going? So he wont be serving with
you?      
There are a bunch of Salvadoreños here.  There are a couple
from my area, but a majority of them live in the big city.  I am
pretty sure they are all serving here in Guate or in Costa Rica or
Nicaragua.  I have been talking to one of them that surfs and he has a
younger sister who rides for Billabong.  This family has a beach house
in Punta Roca and i saw pictures and it looks sweet.  It is a point
break and when it is high tide, the waves get huge he said.  His house
looks like a big cannopy right on the water.  His whole family surfs
but he has only been surfing for 4 years.  We will visit there when
you guys come pick me up.

What is your daily schedule like?  Our daily schedule is too long for
this email.  maybe i will write a letter about it.



How are you doing with the food and water? Still taking the pills? Let
me know when you need more?
      
The food is still amazing. I still take the pills and I have been solid since i got here.
I still have two more boxes so maybe when i get into the field.

What do you miss the most besides me (mom)??  I miss my family the most and
especially IZZY.

How is the weather? The weather i like to compare it to newport on a
overcast day, not too hot not to cold but yet it is sunny.  The
humidity isnt that bad but it rains alot every now and then.

      So this week was kind of the hump week.  It was the week that
had to be completed so i can get to this week, MY LAST WEEK.  This
week is very important.  I need to soak up as much spanish as i can.
I have all the grammar down, yes subjunctive, past subjunctive,
Preterite vs Imperfect, so i am just trying to soak in as much
vocabulary and verbs as possible.  This week i will only speak
spanish, everywhere to everyone to prepare for my first Latino
companion.  It's my goal.  Hablaré mi idioma.  Another exciting goal
that will be acomplished this week is i will have finished the Book of
Mormon is Spanish.  I have a 100 pages left and I am so happy with
this.  I have never read it so fast and never loved it so much.  It's
not even my native language and i feel the power in it.  We get to go
proselyting this monday again but with our North American Comp.  Me
and Elder Mecham are stoked.  Everyone here shall hear, as it says in D&C 1.
We also get some training in other stuff but i cant wait.

I heard from Elder Weaver and he seems to be stoked.  I can't
wait til all of my buddies are serving the Lord with me.
I really can't wait to get  into the
field.  I love the people here, I love the language and I love this
gospel.  Everytime i teach someone how the gospel blesses family, its
hard not to use a personal story of how the gospel has blessed my
family.  My testimony of this gosepel has grown so much, yet it still
needs to grow.  Thats why missionary service is for two years.  I
haven't even seen the full potential of the blessings of missionary
service.  I love you guys so much.  Keep up the good work.  All you
future missionaries out there, prepare now.  I have seen missionaries
who have waited to prepare and they are behind.  It is their biggest
regret.  I cant wait for El Salvador.  I know it is the place for me
and i know you guys will be blessed and i will be protected.  Live the
gospel, be an example of the believers.      Love, Elder Gubernick

No comments:

Post a Comment