Sunday, September 30, 2012

Getting Ready to Leave

I wish I was in the field like you think I am.  I leave Monday morning on a bus with ten others.  4 Nortes and 6 Latinos.  We leave at 7 and we will get there around 9 or 10.  I will meet my mission president then.  Until then I can only tell you the good news about my last week in the CCM.  I completed 1 and a half of my two goals.  Last night a miracle happened. HAHA i hate reading and yet i finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish last night.  It took me 6 weeks.  A weakness of mine before the mission has been turned into a strength here,  I love to read. I love the book of mormon and it is even more true to me in Spanish because it is what i teach.  I teach El Libro De Mormon not the Book of Mormon.  I have a goal to start and finish it in English again now.  My other goal went well but not perfect.  This week I went half the days speaking 0 words of English.  Our district made a goal and we accomplished it.  Speaking your language makes a huge difference in your progression.      I looked back this week and realized how much I have learned and how much I have grown.  I read all the letters i recieved in the MTC and the CCM and I love hearing from all you.  Mom, Dad, Bergen, Cade, AJ, Auntie Heidi, Aunt Debbie, Marissa, Lauren Norman, Zack, Alex, Steven, Chase, Joey, Blake, All my extended Family, college friends and everyone i love.  These letters give me strength to serve.  I can honestly say now that nothing distracts me because I have tried my hardest to submit my will to the will of the father.  One of my new favorite quotes goes something like this,  "Someone much greater, and much better than you asked if there was another way"  Talking about the Savior in the Garden.  It is fine to feel discouraged out here but we need to rely on the Atonement to get through it.  I can not wait for the field.  I have been getting a little tired of the CCM but that is normal.  The field will offer me new challenges and new goals.  I cant wait to see the fruits of our labor.  This time next week I could be preparing to teach a lesson, I could be tracting.  Its a gnarly thought but I can not wait.  We went to the temple this week and I had the opportunity to do the last part in Spanish.  I had an awesome experience after that.  I have been blessed to be so close to a temple and i have been blessed to be in this MTC.  I owe everything i know in the language to this place and I owe everything i Know in the gospel to my family.  I love you guys so much.  I hope you are not crying very much mom.  I dont have much to write this week either but i will soon have alot to write.  I love you guys and pray for you everyday.    Love Elder Gubernick 

No comments:

Post a Comment